Weddingsonline surveyed 621 Irish couples to see how COVID-19 has affected their wedding plans in 2020 and beyond. We wanted to share these results with our hen party groups so they can see how their plans compare.
- 88% of Irish couples decided to change their wedding date due to Coronavirus
- Only 2% of weddings were cancelled outright
- 93% decided to keep their venue, just on a different date
- Almost 90% of couples decided not to have a âlight weddingâ but keep to their full plan
- â of surveyed couples decided to move their wedding to a 2020 date
- About 2/3 of couples are planning to keep their original guest list number for their new wedding date
- 75% have had their honeymoon plans changed
- About â of couples have decided to have a mini-moon in Ireland before a full trip later
NOTE: Data from Weddingsonline.com (full survey information is available).
Ideas For Celebrating
- How to plan a virtual hen party on your original trip date
- How to plan a hen party as we come out of the COVID-19 situation
Feedback And More Information
How has Coronavirus affected your wedding and hen party plans? Weâre always keen to hear about your thoughts and experiences, particularly if youâve come up with ideas to stay positive or celebrate in unique ways.
As a part of the wedding industry in Ireland, we here at The Foxy Hen have been so grateful for the support and understanding of the bridal parties we work with and hope all couples get the dream wedding the deserve.
You can see theÂ full survey findings for more details.
Image credit: Olivia Bauso, by Unsplash