The perfect hen party is all about spoiling the bride. Whether you’re based in the UK or Ireland, you know all too well what it feels like to pine for the sun. So get your summer on (even if it’s not) and create a beach themed hen party for the bride-to-be.
What to wear
Helping your hen ladies plan what to wear to your beach themed hen party obviously depends on the season and where you’re planning to host the ‘do’.
If you’re travelling abroad to Marbella or somewhere hot and sunny, then you can simply hold your beach themed fun on a real beach! Lucky ducks…
However, if you’re staying closer to home, then we’d recommend trying to hold your beach party in summer. That way, you can put on your beach best and hang outside in the sun (a pool or paddling pool at your disposal at a minimum).
You could be really brave and schedule the hen do in winter but we’d definitely recommend moving it indoors and tell the girls to bring some beachy layers to make sure they’re warm enough.
Food & drink ideas
Summery food and drink is the easy part for a beach themed hen do. Some of our favourite ideas are:
- Tropical cocktails (ahem…sex on the beach) and mocktails with umbrellas and floral garnishes
- Fruit punch
- Seafood as a main dish or on platters
- Tropical flavoured food like pineapple doughnuts or strawberry cupcakes
- Homemade ice lollies using fruit juice
Decorating for your beach themed hen party is the really fun part! You could go in a few directions with your decor – for example, you might like the idea of a boho beach picnic, more of a tropical feel or even a kitsch Hawaiian luau.
Some decor items you could set up are:
- beach umbrellas or boho cloth umbrellas
- shells and corals on the tables or as a centrepiece
- a real pool or paddling pools (at least)
- surfboards lined up against the fence (if you can get your hands on them)
- buy some sand to create a ‘beach corner’
- paper lanterns
- a long DIY boho picnic table using wooden crates (with a table cloth) and cushions for seats
- an outdoor cinema using a sheet and a projector and cushions for seating
- a bonfire with marshmallows and blankets (for when it gets cold)
You can also go wild with your beachy hen party accessories and goodie bag items. Your group would love items like:
- hen party and bridal sunglasses
- flower crowns
- grass skirts
- beach tote bags
- paper fans to cool down
- flip flops
- personalised beach towels
- shot glass for tropical flavoured shots
- straw hats with personalised names or titles
- personalised swimsuits
We wish we could come to your beach themed hen party, whichever direction you take it in! It’s a fun, classy and laid back way to celebrate with the bride and we know she’ll love what you create.